· Hi! Tell me about HellLight. Why did you decide to name the band with such title? What kind of ideas do you explore?
Hello there! HellLight has a special meaning… Hell is an very old word…way older that christianity (that made it popular)..and it means everything that is unusual and obscure. Light is knowledge…so HellLight means the knowledge that comes from obscure…from the dark side of our minds.
· “As We Slowly Fade” album was released November 2018. How does that make you feel? Do you feel you have put album into masses without any wishes to change something now?
It feels great! it took longer than the other albuns to get done, but we are very proud of it; Yes, we didn´t change at all, in fact, we haven´t change since the band started. I believe we evolved, but we have always kept our essence. We understand that our albuns continues the stories form each other, so this is what we´ll keep doing!.
· Tell me more about “As We Slowly Fade”? Album ideas etc…
This Album shows the idea that time passes thru, no matter what we do. We are not important for time, nor the universe. everything keeps happening with or without us. Time waits for no one, and the humanity wiil slowly fade until there´s no trace of us. And the thing is, we do not matter in the end.
· Where do you take all inspiration from?
I read a lot, but my lyrics always reflects my way of thinking about life, or afterlife. I think artists have to translate emotions and feeling into songs, it is not an easy job, But everything you hear in HellLight´s music is real, we really feel that way, we really live that way. We are people that lives without the “help” from religions, so, that´s our very hearts in musical form.
· In your opinion, what is the best way to define HellLight’s sound?
I think we can define HellLight sound in two words, “sadness and beautiful”. this is the best way we found to translate our lyrics. we have some “ugly” songs, but most of it are very melodic and sad.
· So, are you on hiatus now, just relaxed and looking for album feedbacks, or did you started to compose new stuff immediately?
Actually we are never in hiatus… yes, we are looking for the feedbacks, but, I´m working in three albuns right now. I have a new project coming, with some guys from USA,…I have the first HellLight album to re-record, so it can be properly released. and I´ll start composing for the 7th HellLight album yet this year. So, we can never stop!
· What are your main musical influences? How huge is their influence in your sound?
My influences are basically two. I really love movies soundtracks, especially from James Horner… and of course, metal bands, from many genres, as, Black Metal, death metal, Doom Metal and traditional Heavy metal. my favorite artist is Glenn Danzig, I really love his music and it has influenced me a lot through this years.
· Is there some well-known musician in particular that you would like to use in one of your upcoming albums?
Defenitely King Diamond and Danzig. I know it won´t be easy, but… I were supposed to have Warrel Dane in this new album, he listened to the song I sent and loves it, unfortunatelly he passed away days before recording his vocals… too bad, He was a incredible artist and a amazing human being.
· What is your personal strategy for making your music heard by a larger audience?
mostly internet…youtube and some other music platforms…we´ll film a new video for one of the new songs and it should reach more people. but we are very glad of how much we have accomplished so far.
· Do you have any other hobby beside music?
I work as an Luthier, so I build and repair guitars… I really love it. the Bassist Alexandre customizes motorcycles… but HellLight takes a lot of time..
· Are you all supported by your relatives towards your devotion to music?
A little bit…maybe in the beginning… They always let me follow my instincts, but I have made it myself… It takes a lot of confidence and perseverance to get something as a musician, but it worths every moment.
· How’s the metal scene in Brazil right now? Is it easy to play gigs, to buy records etc there these days?
The metal scene in Brazil was never too good, it´s a little bit better right now, maybe because we get a little bit more known… but most of our gigs is organized by ourselves. there´s no Doom metal fests or anything like that. so we organize gigs in many cityes across the country. fortunatelly, most gigs are very good.
· Thank you for answering my questions, see ya on the road!
Thank you! we´ll definetelly see on the road. We are planning a new tour in 2019, probably in Europe and Russia this time! See Ya!