Answered by Max.
· Hi! Tell me about Homicide Hagridden. Why did you decide to name the band with such title? What kind of ideas do you explore?
The band was founded in 1994, the founder is Stefano (brother / drummer / producer).
Having the same passion and interest in the type of music, I joined him with two other friends who had the same musical background, we initially played cover just to learn more about instruments, playing covers of Metallica, Ironmaiden, our heroes as kids.
We immediately started to feel the need to say something of our own and we started composing the first songs. The band is initially called Death Slaughter, because all the bands were competing for those who had the strongest name at that time (laughs) … we immediately changed to Homicide Hagridden to have our own identity and to be able to say in the lyrics what we wanted to say. Musically the band does not give limits, in the sense that the matrix is always the speed, the intensity, but for this we do not even avoid the melody if the song requires it.
· “Effect Lucifero” album will be re-released soon by Goatmancer recs. How does that make you feel? What can you tell us about special bonus for that re-issue?
This is a great thing for the band, we are happy because they are interested in our music and this is cool!!! We wanted to insert a bonus track as a link between previous album and Effect Lucifero.
A sign of musical growth.
· Where do you take all inspiration from?
Everythign is inspiration, a sound, a book, a face, a fact there is no limits in my opinion.
· In your opinion, what is the best way to define Homicide Hagridden’s sound?
I like this one THRASH WITH NO COMPROMISE!!! We always played this,we always loved to do, we have experimented, but in the end you come back to play what makes you feel alive … music is a process.
· So, are you on hiatus now, just relaxed and looking for album feedbacks, or did you started to compose new stuff immediately?
I always write music, although obviously I’m curious to know if people will appreciate this album … I can not say the opposite, but my head is always a continuous bombardment …
I constantly think of all the band’s evolutions, to what be able to do tomorrow, yesterday has passed and it does not have more importance then, we have to look ahead.
· What are your main musical influences? How huge is their influence in your sound?
I always loved the bay area sound,you can feel those bands in our music,because I grew up with them and the effect they had on me are present to day like years ago, maybe because they are still here today, don’t know, but they signed my musical life in to deep and this reflect in Homicide Hagridden’s music.
· Is there some well-known musician in particular that you would like to use in one of your upcoming albums?
Dave Lombardo on all, the rest are all dead!!!
· What is your personal strategy for making your music heard by a larger audience?
A lot of the strategy is based on socials media today, but I think tours and labels are the best too!!
Touring you can have a direct contacts with audience and I love this!!! From the other side the label cover a lot things that a band can’t face in my opinion, so everyone has his field.
· Do you have any other hobby beside music?
Yes I love to draw and paint.
· Are you all supported by your relatives towards your devotion to music?
When you are not directly involved in a project, those around you do not understand all the effort and devotion that it takes to stay up, you have to work hard and believe in yourself.
· How’s the metal scene in your part of Italy right now? Is it easy to play gigs, to buy records etc there these days?
I have to say that the bands are always so many, but I immediately understand when I see them who they play to please their friends and who plays because they believe in what they do!!! What is missing is the public … It seems that people do not care about the local bands, they go to see only the big names …
With Internet many stores are dead, if you want a Kreator record you can buy it online to a low prices, people look at this, but the speech is much broader.
· Thank you for answering my questions, see ya on the road!
Thanks for your time by the band too!!!! We hope yes!!! HORNS UP!!!