- Hi, give a brief history of Kaosis, music style, and the members.
Kaosis formed in 2017 when Xen saw the synergy between metal and dubstep forms of music. The band was formed to bring live instrumentation back to electronic DJ festival scene while re-introducing heavy metal to the youth.
Kaosis plays a mashup of Dubstep, Metal, DnB and horrorcore.
Kaosis fluctuates between 4 and 9 members depending on the show requirements.
- Give in more detail, some information about “Hitech Lowlife”?
Hitech Lowlife is the debut single from Kaosis on Atypeek Music. It was co-written between Kaosis and Dino Cazares of Fear Factory.
- Kaosis has signed with Atypeek Music / Rail Records, tell more about that?
Atypeek Music handles Kaosis Global Digital Distribution and European Media. Rail Records handles all our basic management and Australasian Booking. Zombie Shark handles Global Physical Distribution.
- What is the difference between your latest and the very first records?
Our first EP had less dubstep/ riddim influence and were primarily djent metal with electronic cinematic robotic synths. A back catalogue of Kaosis metal will be released later this year on Rail Records.
- What inspires Kaosis music and lyric writing? What does Kaosis lyrics talk about?
Kaosis is primarily written for the live environment. The music features mulitple hook and the lyrics are generally visceral in conception.
- Do you play live often? Do you like abroad gigs?
We play regularly and are currently waiting to soundcheck our last show in Wellington NZ which has just sold out. We are off to Australia on Thursday for two and a half weeks ending at the tour at Dead of Winter Festival.
- How often does the band practice and work on new material?
Like most bands we have cycles of writing – currently we are touring so will begin writing again in September.
- How did the band come up with the name Kaosis and tell what does it means for you?
Kaosis is a created word that for us means a state of chaos. Everything in nature is in a state of divine chaos, both destructive and creative, dark and light. This is the foundation of the music and the band.
- What does the band plan on doing in near time?
We are touring Australia from next week. We will be releasing the third single with Atypeek in August and we are currently working on European and American tours for later in the year.
- Any message to Sick and Destroy readers?
Embrace chaos, embrace uncertainty and be yourself.